ISO 13 pin Socket and Seal
This socket and seal is intended for use when converting traditional Twin or Double12N/12S 7 pin towbar electric sockets to a single 13 pin Euro socket.
If you are not sure about the installation of this electrical socket to your vehicle please consult
- Ensure all fuses are removed from the existing towbar electrical installation.
- Remove the existing 12N and 12S sockets... inspect the condition of both 7 core cables and if necessary strip the insulation back to ensure a good connection.
- Remove approximately 100mm of the outer protective grey/black insulation. Locate the blue wire from the 12S cable and cut back and insulate. Using a suitable PVC insulation tape wrap all 13 wires from the 12N and 12S cables together.
- If necessary insert the cable through the socket plate and then through the provided seal.
- Strip back approximately 5mm of insulation from each of the remaining cables.
- Insert each wire into the appropriate pin location starting at position 1.
- Refit the socket and fuses.
- Test before use.
- More information about towing electrics is available on our website in the Quality and Standards FAQ section.